Thursday, July 6, 2017

Growing pains.

(This is from my phone notes in December 2016)  

My firstborn is starting big boys school soon. This is a cliche rhetoric question but when did he grow up so fast? It felt like just some time ago we potty trained him and enrolled him at Hilltop (by we I mean my mom. I didn't have the patience. LOL) 

Hadi is going to an all boys school, like his dad. I don't know if this will make him weirder and more socially awkward but his dad turned out OK-ish with some good kind of weird hehehe so I'm giving it a try. And well well, he got into a good class, exceeding my expectation of him. LOL. I am just worried that 1) he'd have a hard time for the transition to learning in Malay now after three years of English education, 2) he will stay the same very quiet kid that he was in kindergarten, 3) he'd pick up bad behaviours from bigger boys or worse, got bullied. 

But such is the process of life. You grow through what you have to go through. I refuse to play helicopter mommy, the kind who will hover on every aspects of his life and cushions his every fall. He needs to learn to face his own issues, but I will be there for him every steps of the way, with guidance, comfort and most importantly, prayer. 

After all, he'll always be my baby.

Big boys school look. Gone is his long, beautiful locks. Tsskk.

No comments:

Post a Comment