Thursday, July 6, 2017

Trophy wife.


If you have yet to read Siti Hasmah's biography, My Name Is Hasmah, I suggest you pick it up the next chance you get. I have so much love for this book. I urge you to give it a read, you will not be disappointed, I promise. I love her even more so after reading this, if that's possible. 

It helps that the memoir was a light, easy read. In the chapter where she talks about Tun Mahathir, I like that she said, "the key to a good husband and wife relationship is love and fresh air." Her love, respect and dedication to Tun M is apparent even after 61 years of marriage. 

We may not all be a Prime Minister's wife. Her path is surely much different, broader with more challenges along the way, but this memoir is very relatable to us wife / mothers; of daily struggles to juggle career and family, devotion and loyalty to husband and kids, and staying true to ourselves while we're at that. 

An inspiration like no other, an amazing role model for us women.

3 comments:

  1. Nak pinjam buku! (Annoying tak)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kakak beli buku tu sebab baca review AM dan ia sangat berbaloi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haritu singgah MPH, baca sikit this book and sangkut terus. Lama lepak MPH sebab baca buku ni je. Tapi tak beli sebab tak cukup fulus. Haha

    ReplyDelete